Jharkhand MLA rips off shirt, assembly adjourned
Ranchi: Jharkhand assembly was adjourned twice on Monday after an opposition MLA ripped off his shirt inside the house to press for demands.
As soon as the house convened at 11 am, opposition members trooped into the well of the house raising a din over a plethora of demands.
Jharkhand Vikas Morcha(Prajatantric) MLA Samresh Singh ripped his shirt, prompting Speaker C P Singh to first adjourn the house for an hour.
When the house assembled again, the opposition continued with the din leading to the adjournment till 12.30 pm.
The opposition demands included setting up of a commission for displacement, regularizing para-teachers, returning land acquired from people of Nagri village situated on the outskirts of Ranchi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16