Jharkhand MLA rips off shirt, assembly adjourned
Ranchi: Jharkhand assembly was adjourned twice on Monday after an opposition MLA ripped off his shirt inside the house to press for demands.
As soon as the house convened at 11 am, opposition members trooped into the well of the house raising a din over a plethora of demands.
Jharkhand Vikas Morcha(Prajatantric) MLA Samresh Singh ripped his shirt, prompting Speaker C P Singh to first adjourn the house for an hour.
When the house assembled again, the opposition continued with the din leading to the adjournment till 12.30 pm.
The opposition demands included setting up of a commission for displacement, regularizing para-teachers, returning land acquired from people of Nagri village situated on the outskirts of Ranchi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack