Jharkhand MLA rips off shirt, assembly adjourned
Ranchi: Jharkhand assembly was adjourned twice on Monday after an opposition MLA ripped off his shirt inside the house to press for demands.
As soon as the house convened at 11 am, opposition members trooped into the well of the house raising a din over a plethora of demands.
Jharkhand Vikas Morcha(Prajatantric) MLA Samresh Singh ripped his shirt, prompting Speaker C P Singh to first adjourn the house for an hour.
When the house assembled again, the opposition continued with the din leading to the adjournment till 12.30 pm.
The opposition demands included setting up of a commission for displacement, regularizing para-teachers, returning land acquired from people of Nagri village situated on the outskirts of Ranchi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?