Jharkhand MLAs charge officials with misbehaviour
Ranchi: MLAs cutting across party lines
Saturday alleged that officials were misbehaving with them even
as Deputy Chief Minister Sudesh Mahato assured the Jharkhand
assembly that government was "serious" in "ensuring" respect
to people`s representatives.
Speaker C P Singh also took note of the charges and
asked Shibu Soren government to look into it.
The Deputy Chief Minister made the statement after
ruling BJP MLA Uma Shankar Akela urged the Speaker for a
Privilege Motion against a government official in Hazaribag
who lodged an FIR against Akela and allegedly abused him.
"The government has taken note. We will not allow
anybody disrespecting MLAs. We will probe the incident,"
JMM MLA Simod Marandi, Jharkhand Janadhikar Manch MLA
Bandhu Tirkey, CPI (ML-Liberation) MLA Vinod K Singh and JVM-P
MLA Bana Gupta also recounted their `brush` with government
"If MLAs don`t get protection (from the House) what is
the necessity to come to the House," asked Tirkey.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India