Jharkhand MLAs charge officials with misbehaviour
Ranchi: MLAs cutting across party lines
Saturday alleged that officials were misbehaving with them even
as Deputy Chief Minister Sudesh Mahato assured the Jharkhand
assembly that government was "serious" in "ensuring" respect
to people`s representatives.
Speaker C P Singh also took note of the charges and
asked Shibu Soren government to look into it.
The Deputy Chief Minister made the statement after
ruling BJP MLA Uma Shankar Akela urged the Speaker for a
Privilege Motion against a government official in Hazaribag
who lodged an FIR against Akela and allegedly abused him.
"The government has taken note. We will not allow
anybody disrespecting MLAs. We will probe the incident,"
JMM MLA Simod Marandi, Jharkhand Janadhikar Manch MLA
Bandhu Tirkey, CPI (ML-Liberation) MLA Vinod K Singh and JVM-P
MLA Bana Gupta also recounted their `brush` with government
"If MLAs don`t get protection (from the House) what is
the necessity to come to the House," asked Tirkey.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Acute Zika infection may damage sensory nerves
- Day after being sacked as AAP's Punjab convener, Sucha Singh Chhotepur calls for CBI probe
- Coal scam: Ex-Coal Secy says, don't want advocate whose fee I cannot pay; will face trial from jail
- Japan PM pledges to invest $ 30 billion in Africa by 2018
- Kedar Jadhav, Shreyas Iyer power India A to easy six-wicket win