Jharkhand MLAs demand hike in salary
Ranchi: Cutting across party lines several legislators in Jharkhand Assembly on Friday demanded a pay hike.
"In view of the price rise, there should be a hike in our salaries," ruling JMM MLA Lobin Hembrum said in the state Assembly.
He got instant support from several MLAs across the House with most of the MLAs from the ruling party standing up in support.
Lobin contended that Members of Parliament and other Assemblies had also got a hike recently.
When Speaker CP Singh asked RJD MLA Annapurna Devi about her opinion on it, Devi said she too supported the views of the members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Jasprit Bumrah jumps to career best No. 2 spot in ICC T20I Rankings
- Water tanker scam: ACB summons Delhi Water Minister Kapil Mishra for questioning
- Now recharge your body and phone with KFC's 'Watt a Box' meal!- Watch
- Volkswagen to pay $10 billion in US over emissions scandal: Source
- PM Narendra Modi meets Chinese President Xi Jinping, seeks support for India's NSG bid