Jharkhand MLAs demand hike in salary
Ranchi: Cutting across party lines several legislators in Jharkhand Assembly on Friday demanded a pay hike.
"In view of the price rise, there should be a hike in our salaries," ruling JMM MLA Lobin Hembrum said in the state Assembly.
He got instant support from several MLAs across the House with most of the MLAs from the ruling party standing up in support.
Lobin contended that Members of Parliament and other Assemblies had also got a hike recently.
When Speaker CP Singh asked RJD MLA Annapurna Devi about her opinion on it, Devi said she too supported the views of the members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?