Jharkhand MLAs demand hike in salary
Ranchi: Cutting across party lines several legislators in Jharkhand Assembly on Friday demanded a pay hike.
"In view of the price rise, there should be a hike in our salaries," ruling JMM MLA Lobin Hembrum said in the state Assembly.
He got instant support from several MLAs across the House with most of the MLAs from the ruling party standing up in support.
Lobin contended that Members of Parliament and other Assemblies had also got a hike recently.
When Speaker CP Singh asked RJD MLA Annapurna Devi about her opinion on it, Devi said she too supported the views of the members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred