Jharkhand MLAs demand hike in salary
Ranchi: Cutting across party lines several legislators in Jharkhand Assembly on Friday demanded a pay hike.
"In view of the price rise, there should be a hike in our salaries," ruling JMM MLA Lobin Hembrum said in the state Assembly.
He got instant support from several MLAs across the House with most of the MLAs from the ruling party standing up in support.
Lobin contended that Members of Parliament and other Assemblies had also got a hike recently.
When Speaker CP Singh asked RJD MLA Annapurna Devi about her opinion on it, Devi said she too supported the views of the members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state