Jharkhand: Naxals fire upon police helicopter
Ranchi: A `Dhruv` helicopter deployed for anti-Naxal operations in the state was on Thursday fired upon by suspected Maoists.
The helicopter is safe and has been grounded for inspection.
"The helicopter had gone to a location in Latehar to airlift two personnel. It was fired upon but it did not crash," CRPF Inspector General (Operations) DK Pandey said.
The Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH) had flown from Ranchi and the incident occurred at around 0830 in the morning, he said.
Sources said the chopper has been hit around the rotor area and will be thoroughly inspected before it is certified for flying again.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'