Jharkhand: Naxals fire upon police helicopter
Ranchi: A `Dhruv` helicopter deployed for anti-Naxal operations in the state was on Thursday fired upon by suspected Maoists.
The helicopter is safe and has been grounded for inspection.
"The helicopter had gone to a location in Latehar to airlift two personnel. It was fired upon but it did not crash," CRPF Inspector General (Operations) DK Pandey said.
The Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH) had flown from Ranchi and the incident occurred at around 0830 in the morning, he said.
Sources said the chopper has been hit around the rotor area and will be thoroughly inspected before it is certified for flying again.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- US wants Pakistan to have dialogue with neighbours
- Hassan Rouhani allies win Iran parliament elections second round: Reports
- Bipasha Basu - Karan Singh Grover wedding: Official pictures from mehendi/ sangeet ceremony are here
- Crucial file on 'truth behind Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose's disappearance' destroyed in 1972
- Russian woman raped in Goa by guest house owner