Jharkhand needs fresh elections: State BJP
Jamshedpur: BJP`s state president Dineshanand Goswami on Saturday said following the dissolution of Jharkhand Assembly, fresh elections are the best and only option to prevent formation of a government based on horse-trading.
Reacting to JMM, Congress and RJD, which had met Jharkhand Governor Syed Ahmed today in Raj Bhawan to stake claim for formation of an alternative government in the state, Goswami said no political party or alliance has the majority to form an alternative government in the prevailing political scenario.
Goswami said if any new government is formed it will be based on horse-trading and will have to take the support of some tainted MLAs including those who were recently released on bail.
"Majority of the masses are in support of fresh elections to elect a popular, stable and development-oriented government," the BJP leader claimed.
Altogether 38 MLAs of different political parties including BJP are strongly in favour of fresh election, Goswami told a press conference here.
He demanded that the governor should not wait for a moment and dissolve the assembly to recommend fresh elections.
Referring to the recent recovery of explosives implanted in the body of a jawan killed in an ambush recently in Latehar district, and the killing of two Indian soldiers at the LoC, Goswami said the government has to deal with terrorists and extremists with an iron hand.
He cautioned that the nexus between terrorists groups from across the border and Maoists is dangerous and not a good indication for the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Xiaomi likely to unveil Redmi Note 4 on August 25
- Natural to express grief over mistreatment of Dalits: LK Advani
- Hundreds of NASA's studies now available online for free!
- Status of political parties to be reviewed every 10 years
- WOAH! BJP MP Paresh Rawal launches fierce attack on India's Rio Olympics officials