Jharkhand needs fresh elections: State BJP
Jamshedpur: BJP`s state president Dineshanand Goswami on Saturday said following the dissolution of Jharkhand Assembly, fresh elections are the best and only option to prevent formation of a government based on horse-trading.
Reacting to JMM, Congress and RJD, which had met Jharkhand Governor Syed Ahmed today in Raj Bhawan to stake claim for formation of an alternative government in the state, Goswami said no political party or alliance has the majority to form an alternative government in the prevailing political scenario.
Goswami said if any new government is formed it will be based on horse-trading and will have to take the support of some tainted MLAs including those who were recently released on bail.
"Majority of the masses are in support of fresh elections to elect a popular, stable and development-oriented government," the BJP leader claimed.
Altogether 38 MLAs of different political parties including BJP are strongly in favour of fresh election, Goswami told a press conference here.
He demanded that the governor should not wait for a moment and dissolve the assembly to recommend fresh elections.
Referring to the recent recovery of explosives implanted in the body of a jawan killed in an ambush recently in Latehar district, and the killing of two Indian soldiers at the LoC, Goswami said the government has to deal with terrorists and extremists with an iron hand.
He cautioned that the nexus between terrorists groups from across the border and Maoists is dangerous and not a good indication for the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional