Jharkhand offers security for night train services
Ranchi: The Jharkhand government on Thursday offered security to help the Railways resume night services of trains which were stopped after the May 28 Gyaneshwari Express mishap.
"The state has earlier also provided security to the
Railways and is ready to provide whatever security is required (for resuming service)," Chief Secretary AK Singh told reporters when asked when night service of trains would resume.
The Railways are also availing the services of the
Government Reserve Police (GRP) nd the Railway Protection Force (RPF), he said.
Soon after the derailment of the Gyaneshwari Express that left over 140 people dead, the Railways stopped night train services on the Kharagpur-Rourkela and Kharagpur-Adra divisions of South Eastern Railway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you