Jharkhand offers security for night train services
Ranchi: The Jharkhand government on Thursday offered security to help the Railways resume night services of trains which were stopped after the May 28 Gyaneshwari Express mishap.
"The state has earlier also provided security to the
Railways and is ready to provide whatever security is required (for resuming service)," Chief Secretary AK Singh told reporters when asked when night service of trains would resume.
The Railways are also availing the services of the
Government Reserve Police (GRP) nd the Railway Protection Force (RPF), he said.
Soon after the derailment of the Gyaneshwari Express that left over 140 people dead, the Railways stopped night train services on the Kharagpur-Rourkela and Kharagpur-Adra divisions of South Eastern Railway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- Swaraj seeks report from Indian consulate on death of workers
- Pakistan to keep border crossing with Afghanistan shut till apology
- Sheena Bora murder case: Court asks CBI to begin arguments on framing of charges
- 21kg tumor removed from 61-year-old man at Gurgaon hospital
- `Very difficult` for Bastian Schweinsteiger to play at Manchester United: Jose Mourinho