Jharkhand offers security for night train services
Ranchi: The Jharkhand government on Thursday offered security to help the Railways resume night services of trains which were stopped after the May 28 Gyaneshwari Express mishap.
"The state has earlier also provided security to the
Railways and is ready to provide whatever security is required (for resuming service)," Chief Secretary AK Singh told reporters when asked when night service of trains would resume.
The Railways are also availing the services of the
Government Reserve Police (GRP) nd the Railway Protection Force (RPF), he said.
Soon after the derailment of the Gyaneshwari Express that left over 140 people dead, the Railways stopped night train services on the Kharagpur-Rourkela and Kharagpur-Adra divisions of South Eastern Railway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'