Jharkhand offers security for night train services
Ranchi: The Jharkhand government on Thursday offered security to help the Railways resume night services of trains which were stopped after the May 28 Gyaneshwari Express mishap.
"The state has earlier also provided security to the
Railways and is ready to provide whatever security is required (for resuming service)," Chief Secretary AK Singh told reporters when asked when night service of trains would resume.
The Railways are also availing the services of the
Government Reserve Police (GRP) nd the Railway Protection Force (RPF), he said.
Soon after the derailment of the Gyaneshwari Express that left over 140 people dead, the Railways stopped night train services on the Kharagpur-Rourkela and Kharagpur-Adra divisions of South Eastern Railway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena rues breakdown in communication with BJP, blames generational shift in party
- TCS top Indian IT employer; Infosys, Cognizant and Wipro next
- Painless patch can monitor side effects of drugs
- Two dead, over a dozen wounded in Florida nightclub shooting; one person detained
- Rains support RBI rate cut, may douse agflation : BoA-ML