Jharkhand offers security for night train services
Ranchi: The Jharkhand government on Thursday offered security to help the Railways resume night services of trains which were stopped after the May 28 Gyaneshwari Express mishap.
"The state has earlier also provided security to the
Railways and is ready to provide whatever security is required (for resuming service)," Chief Secretary AK Singh told reporters when asked when night service of trains would resume.
The Railways are also availing the services of the
Government Reserve Police (GRP) nd the Railway Protection Force (RPF), he said.
Soon after the derailment of the Gyaneshwari Express that left over 140 people dead, the Railways stopped night train services on the Kharagpur-Rourkela and Kharagpur-Adra divisions of South Eastern Railway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed