Jharkhand on path of power reforms
Ranchi: Jharkhand has embarked upon the path of electricity reforms, unbundling the Jharkhand State Electricity Board (JSEB) and introducing rural franchise schemes to improve power supply.
"Franchise for Ranchi and Jamshedpur has already been appointed," Chief Secretary R S Sharma said today, adding franchisees were also appointed for twelve out of 37 sub-divisions under the Rural Franchise Scheme (RFS).
And the scheme would gradually cover other parts of the state, he said.
He said power generation, distribution and transmission have been carved out from JSEB to enhance performance in the power sector.
As part of the reforms the state on Tuesday split JSEB into four bodies---- Jharkhand Electricity Generation Limited, Jharkhand Electricity Distribution Limited, Jharkhand Electricity Transmission Limited.
And Jharkhand State Electricity Development Corporation Limited will remain as the parent company.
Unbundling and rural franchise is one of the conditions under the Rajiv Gandhi Rural Electrification Programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing