Jharkhand on path of power reforms
Ranchi: Jharkhand has embarked upon the path of electricity reforms, unbundling the Jharkhand State Electricity Board (JSEB) and introducing rural franchise schemes to improve power supply.
"Franchise for Ranchi and Jamshedpur has already been appointed," Chief Secretary R S Sharma said today, adding franchisees were also appointed for twelve out of 37 sub-divisions under the Rural Franchise Scheme (RFS).
And the scheme would gradually cover other parts of the state, he said.
He said power generation, distribution and transmission have been carved out from JSEB to enhance performance in the power sector.
As part of the reforms the state on Tuesday split JSEB into four bodies---- Jharkhand Electricity Generation Limited, Jharkhand Electricity Distribution Limited, Jharkhand Electricity Transmission Limited.
And Jharkhand State Electricity Development Corporation Limited will remain as the parent company.
Unbundling and rural franchise is one of the conditions under the Rajiv Gandhi Rural Electrification Programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?