Jharkhand orders probe into frequent gas leak at mines
Dhanbad (Jharkhand): Jharkhand on Tuesday
ordered a probe into `frequent gas leakages` at some mines of
Bharat Coking Limited (BCCL) even as gas and smoke continued
to emanate from the closed Dobari mines of Rajapur Colliery
project for the second day.
"The probe has been ordered following frequent reports
of gas leakages," Excise and Disaster Management Minister told
reporters after he visited the areas following reports of gas
leakage since yesterday.
The `leakage` at the Dobari mines at Dobari Basti has
forced closure of government primary school, the district
Superintendent of Education, Ratan Mahawar, said.
The colliery management has engaged experts to detect
the leakage spot, Project Manager of Rajapur Colliery, S K
Singh blamed escalation of underground mine fire for
increase in frequent leakages.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India