Jharkhand orders probe into frequent gas leak at mines
Dhanbad (Jharkhand): Jharkhand on Tuesday
ordered a probe into `frequent gas leakages` at some mines of
Bharat Coking Limited (BCCL) even as gas and smoke continued
to emanate from the closed Dobari mines of Rajapur Colliery
project for the second day.
"The probe has been ordered following frequent reports
of gas leakages," Excise and Disaster Management Minister told
reporters after he visited the areas following reports of gas
leakage since yesterday.
The `leakage` at the Dobari mines at Dobari Basti has
forced closure of government primary school, the district
Superintendent of Education, Ratan Mahawar, said.
The colliery management has engaged experts to detect
the leakage spot, Project Manager of Rajapur Colliery, S K
Singh blamed escalation of underground mine fire for
increase in frequent leakages.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog