Jharkhand PCC chief resigns
Ranchi: President of Jharkhand unit of
Congress Pradeep Kumar Balmachu has resigned from the post
accepting moral responsibility for the party not winning
expected number of seats and his own failure in the last
"Balmachu had quit as JPCC chief a couple of days ago
but AICC President Sonia Gandhiji asked him to continue till
the conclusion of the organisational polls, the process for
which has already started," PCC General Secretary Sailesh
Sinha said today.
A decision on the leadership issue would be taken only
after the organisational elections, Sinha added.
"Though Congress improved its tally from 9 to 14 and
the Congress/JVM-P (Jharkhand Vikas Morcha-Prajatantrik)
alliance got 25 seats, Balmachu thought the alliance fell
short of another four or five seats, for which he took moral
responsibility and resigned," Sinha said.
Balmachu, who had won three assembly elections, lost
from Ghatsila in the November-December assembly polls.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani