Jharkhand Police arrests PLFI zonal commander in Gumla
Gulma: Jharkhand Police has arrested a Maoist named Sukra Orao from Ghaghra area of Gumla district.
Gumla Superintendent of Police (SP) Rakesh Bansal informed that the arrested ultra is a member of the People`s Liberation Front of India (PLFI).
"He calls himself the zonal commander of the PLFI. A 315 rifle, a 9 mm pistol, two magazines, nine bullets and three mobile phones have been recovered. There is also an Apache motorcycle. We suspect that it might have been robbed at Ranchi," he said, while interacting with the media on Friday.
The Maoist insurgents are estimated to number around 7000 hardcore fighters in nearly a third of India`s 630 districts. While they have made few inroads into cities, they have spread into rural pockets in 20 of 28 states.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has described Naxalism as the gravest internal security challenge to the nation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?