Jharkhand Police arrests PLFI zonal commander in Gumla
Gulma: Jharkhand Police has arrested a Maoist named Sukra Orao from Ghaghra area of Gumla district.
Gumla Superintendent of Police (SP) Rakesh Bansal informed that the arrested ultra is a member of the People`s Liberation Front of India (PLFI).
"He calls himself the zonal commander of the PLFI. A 315 rifle, a 9 mm pistol, two magazines, nine bullets and three mobile phones have been recovered. There is also an Apache motorcycle. We suspect that it might have been robbed at Ranchi," he said, while interacting with the media on Friday.
The Maoist insurgents are estimated to number around 7000 hardcore fighters in nearly a third of India`s 630 districts. While they have made few inroads into cities, they have spread into rural pockets in 20 of 28 states.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has described Naxalism as the gravest internal security challenge to the nation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families? - Part II
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India?
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India? Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the mystery of missing IAF aircraft AN-32
- SC to examine whether top officials of CM can sign files on his behalf
- Real Madrid eye Moussa Sissoko as plan B if Paul Pogba pursuit fails: Reports
- Weight loss surgeries can increase risk of fractures: Study
- Lodha effect: Services, Railways to lose voting rights in AIFF
- Al-Nusra chief in Syria announces break with Qaeda