Jharkhand Police arrests PLFI zonal commander in Gumla
Gulma: Jharkhand Police has arrested a Maoist named Sukra Orao from Ghaghra area of Gumla district.
Gumla Superintendent of Police (SP) Rakesh Bansal informed that the arrested ultra is a member of the People`s Liberation Front of India (PLFI).
"He calls himself the zonal commander of the PLFI. A 315 rifle, a 9 mm pistol, two magazines, nine bullets and three mobile phones have been recovered. There is also an Apache motorcycle. We suspect that it might have been robbed at Ranchi," he said, while interacting with the media on Friday.
The Maoist insurgents are estimated to number around 7000 hardcore fighters in nearly a third of India`s 630 districts. While they have made few inroads into cities, they have spread into rural pockets in 20 of 28 states.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has described Naxalism as the gravest internal security challenge to the nation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy