Jharkhand police chief had received terror mail
Ranchi: The Jharkhand police had received an email warning of terror strikes in Delhi, Mumbai and Ranchi in connection with the anniversary of Babri Masjid demolition on December six, Director General of Police Gouri Shankar Rath on Monday said.
The DG said he had received the mail, sent from a Yahoo account, on December five.
"That mail was received not only by me but also countrywide by police officials," he said.
Another senior police officer said, however, said it appeared to be a fake e-mail, "yet information has been sought from Yahoo`s Singapore office in this regard".
All the district police chiefs had been asked to remain alert soon after the message was received, Rath said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress demands Sushma Swaraj's resignation over Lalit Modi's job offer to her husband