Jharkhand police chief had received terror mail
Ranchi: The Jharkhand police had received an email warning of terror strikes in Delhi, Mumbai and Ranchi in connection with the anniversary of Babri Masjid demolition on December six, Director General of Police Gouri Shankar Rath on Monday said.
The DG said he had received the mail, sent from a Yahoo account, on December five.
"That mail was received not only by me but also countrywide by police officials," he said.
Another senior police officer said, however, said it appeared to be a fake e-mail, "yet information has been sought from Yahoo`s Singapore office in this regard".
All the district police chiefs had been asked to remain alert soon after the message was received, Rath said.
- Uttarakhand crisis: SC grants Centre time till May 6 to clear stand on holding floor test
- Meet Tommy Singh aka Shahid Kapoor in 'Chitta Ve' from 'Udta Punjab'—Watch!
- IIT-Bombay survey: 95% freshers never had sex, 75% have no problem with homosexuality
- WATCH: Ugly fight between Ravindra Jadeja, Suresh Raina during ODI match vs West Indies
- Lenovo Vibe S1 gets Android 6.0 Marshmallow update