Jharkhand police upload Naxal Information System
Ranchi: The Jharkhand police have uploaded information about 16,000 Naxalites and their supporters in its digital information system and put in place anti-virus software for its protection.
"The Naxal Information System has a database of 16,000 Naxalites and profiles of 19 Naxal organisations," Inspector General of Police (CID) Anurag Gupta said on Saturday.
The information about Naxalites is, however, not in the public domain, senior scientist, National Informatics Centre, (NIC) Jharkhand, D Nayak said, adding that the anti-virus software had been given to the users in the police department for its protection.
Police pursing extremists could share the information as Jharkhand is moving ahead in its war against the left-wing extremism which affected 20 of the total 24 districts, he said.
Additional Director General of Police (Law & Order) SN Pradhan expressed satisfaction at the success of his young and dedicated team enabling Jharkhand Police to bag Skoch Award, 2013 on September 2 for Implementation of Information and Communications Technology (ICT) in policing, Best Web Portal, Criminal Information System and Naxal Information System.
"It`s the dedication and silent work by the team for six long years that has brought this moment of glory for Jharkhand police," Pradhan said and described receiving the awards from UIADI chairman Nandan Nilekani in New Delhi was an honour for Jharkhand Police.
Congratulating the team today, Jharkhand Police chief Rajeev Kumar announced Rs one lakh for its members.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!