Jharkhand ready to talk to Maoists
Ranchi: Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren declared Thursday that his government was ready to hold talks with Maoists if they gave up violence.
"We are ready for talks with Maoists but they (Maoists) have to first stop violence," the chief minister said in his address on the occasion of India`s 67th Independence Day.
Soren unfurled the tricolour at Morabadi ground here.
"Improving law and order situation is a priority," he said, adding that his government proposed to distribute government land among the landless.
He pledged to set up old age homes in each district.
Jharkhand Governor Syed Ahmad hoisted the tricolour in the other capital, Dumka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?