Jharkhand RS polls: CBI raids 15 MLAs` houses
New Delhi: In a major development, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Friday conducted fresh raids on the residences of at least 15 MLAs in connection with the corruption and horse-trading allegations that marred the March 30 Rajya Sabha elections in Jharkhand.
According to reports, various teams of the CBI are conducting raids at nearly 32 places.
Among those whose residence have been raided are RJD MLA Sanjay Yadav and former BJP MLA Ajay Maru.
Sanjay Yadav’s residence in Godda and Banka have been raided. In the process, the central probe agency is believed to have seized several documents and crores of unaccounted money from the residences of these MLAs.
Today’s raids are part of the CBI’s ongoing probe into the horse-trading allegations that marred the March 30 Rajya Sabha elections here.
The CBI had earlier raided the residence of Congress MLA KN Tripathy to make headway in connection with the case.
CBI sealed Tripathy`s residence after its sleuths searched the MLA`s residence at Medininagar in Palamau district in his presence and seized a laptop and bank accounts.
He was accused of showing his ballot paper openly before casting it.
Ahead of that the probe agency had also searched the premises of Jharkhand Mukti Morcha MLA Vishnu Bhaiyya and RJD MLA Suresh Paswan in Jamtara and Deogarh, respectively.
While Paswan was accused of not abiding party line to vote for Congress candidate Pradeep Kumar Balmachu, Bhaiyya was accused of openly displaying his ballot paper before slipping it into the box.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what