Jharkhand: Security force exchange fire with Maoists
Jamshedpur: Security personnel on Thursday exchanged fire with CPI (Maoists) at Bandu village in Naxal-hit West Singhbhum district who later escaped leaving behind an improvises explosive device, a senior police officer said.
The encounter took place when the security personnel, comprising district armed police and CRPF personnel, were on routine long-range patrolling in Naxal pockets of Porahat under Chakaradharpur sub-division.
Superintendent of Police Pakaj Kamboj told PTI that the Maoists made a hasty retreat following pressure from police camp and left behind an IED and 80 to 90 rounds of cartridge on the spot.
There was no report of anyone from the police camp getting injured in the incident.
However, the security personnel later spotted some blood stains, leading them to suspect that some ultras might have been injured in the gunbattle, he said.
The jawans were combing the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons
- Superstar Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' hits screens; fans disappointed as tickets sold out