Jharkhand: Security force exchange fire with Maoists
Jamshedpur: Security personnel on Thursday exchanged fire with CPI (Maoists) at Bandu village in Naxal-hit West Singhbhum district who later escaped leaving behind an improvises explosive device, a senior police officer said.
The encounter took place when the security personnel, comprising district armed police and CRPF personnel, were on routine long-range patrolling in Naxal pockets of Porahat under Chakaradharpur sub-division.
Superintendent of Police Pakaj Kamboj told PTI that the Maoists made a hasty retreat following pressure from police camp and left behind an IED and 80 to 90 rounds of cartridge on the spot.
There was no report of anyone from the police camp getting injured in the incident.
However, the security personnel later spotted some blood stains, leading them to suspect that some ultras might have been injured in the gunbattle, he said.
The jawans were combing the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love