Jharkhand: Security personnel recover rifle during encounter
Medininagar: Security personnel on Saturday recovered a regular rifle during an encounter with CPI (Maoists) in Gitamati village under Pandu police station in Naxal-hit Palamu district.
The encounter is still on and the security personnel and district police force are engaged in flushing out the ultras, Laxman Prasad Singh, DIG (Palamu), said.
Singh said that a regular rifle, which was looted from the district police in the past, was recovered during the encounter.
The DIG said the district border has been sealed while security personnel from adjoining Garwah district have joined the anti-Naxal operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM