Jharkhand: Security personnel recover rifle during encounter
Medininagar: Security personnel on Saturday recovered a regular rifle during an encounter with CPI (Maoists) in Gitamati village under Pandu police station in Naxal-hit Palamu district.
The encounter is still on and the security personnel and district police force are engaged in flushing out the ultras, Laxman Prasad Singh, DIG (Palamu), said.
Singh said that a regular rifle, which was looted from the district police in the past, was recovered during the encounter.
The DIG said the district border has been sealed while security personnel from adjoining Garwah district have joined the anti-Naxal operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"