Jharkhand speaker gets bail in model code violation case
Ranchi: Jharkhand Assembly Speaker C P Singh on Saturday surrendered before a local court and obtained bail in connection with a case pertaining to election model code of violation.
The Chief Judicial Magistrate, S M Hussain, granted him bail after the Speaker moved a petition for it.
An FIR was filed against Singh with the Sukhdeo Nagar Police Station charging him with violation of model code when he inaugurated a development scheme at Hatia, where a bypoll was scheduled in June this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation