Jharkhand speaker gets bail in model code violation case
Ranchi: Jharkhand Assembly Speaker C P Singh on Saturday surrendered before a local court and obtained bail in connection with a case pertaining to election model code of violation.
The Chief Judicial Magistrate, S M Hussain, granted him bail after the Speaker moved a petition for it.
An FIR was filed against Singh with the Sukhdeo Nagar Police Station charging him with violation of model code when he inaugurated a development scheme at Hatia, where a bypoll was scheduled in June this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days