Jharkhand speaker gets bail in model code violation case
Ranchi: Jharkhand Assembly Speaker C P Singh on Saturday surrendered before a local court and obtained bail in connection with a case pertaining to election model code of violation.
The Chief Judicial Magistrate, S M Hussain, granted him bail after the Speaker moved a petition for it.
An FIR was filed against Singh with the Sukhdeo Nagar Police Station charging him with violation of model code when he inaugurated a development scheme at Hatia, where a bypoll was scheduled in June this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...