Jharkhand speaker gets bail in model code violation case
Ranchi: Jharkhand Assembly Speaker C P Singh on Saturday surrendered before a local court and obtained bail in connection with a case pertaining to election model code of violation.
The Chief Judicial Magistrate, S M Hussain, granted him bail after the Speaker moved a petition for it.
An FIR was filed against Singh with the Sukhdeo Nagar Police Station charging him with violation of model code when he inaugurated a development scheme at Hatia, where a bypoll was scheduled in June this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Divorce rates lowest among Hindus; more prevalent in Muslims, reveals latest Census data | Know details
- Persistent cough? Five possible causes and why you should see your doctor!
- Gerard Pique agrees with extra holidays for Neymar
- Politics over Yoga? BMC makes 'Surya Namaskar' mandatory in all affiliated schools in Mumbai
- Russia might use Iran air base again to carry out attacks on terror targets in Syria