Jharkhand speaker gets bail in model code violation case
Ranchi: Jharkhand Assembly Speaker C P Singh on Saturday surrendered before a local court and obtained bail in connection with a case pertaining to election model code of violation.
The Chief Judicial Magistrate, S M Hussain, granted him bail after the Speaker moved a petition for it.
An FIR was filed against Singh with the Sukhdeo Nagar Police Station charging him with violation of model code when he inaugurated a development scheme at Hatia, where a bypoll was scheduled in June this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family