Jharkhand: Stabbed schoolboy struggles for life
Chaibasa: The boy, who was stabbed by a man in the premises of a primary school at Diggilota in West Singhbhum district, was struggling for his life at Tata Main Hospital here.
"He is on a ventilator in the Critical Care Unit of Tata Main Hospital here," a doctor attending upon him said.
The boy, Simnath Diggi, and a girl student Jasmine Murmu, had been stabbed in the school campus by Madan Gope during school hours on November 1.
While six-year-old Jasmine died of her injuries on the same day, Diggi was admitted to Tata Main Hospital in a serious condition, Suraj Oraon, Officer-in-charge of Sonua police station, said.
Oraon told a news agency that they have arranged Rs 15,000 for the family members of the victim boy to meet the expenses for his treatment.
Earlier, the knife-wielding man had attacked the two children who allegedly created noise while attending the class, the police said.
Following the incident, the villagers caught hold of Gope and thrashed him before he was handed over to the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!