Jharkhand: Stabbed schoolboy struggles for life
Chaibasa: The boy, who was stabbed by a man in the premises of a primary school at Diggilota in West Singhbhum district, was struggling for his life at Tata Main Hospital here.
"He is on a ventilator in the Critical Care Unit of Tata Main Hospital here," a doctor attending upon him said.
The boy, Simnath Diggi, and a girl student Jasmine Murmu, had been stabbed in the school campus by Madan Gope during school hours on November 1.
While six-year-old Jasmine died of her injuries on the same day, Diggi was admitted to Tata Main Hospital in a serious condition, Suraj Oraon, Officer-in-charge of Sonua police station, said.
Oraon told a news agency that they have arranged Rs 15,000 for the family members of the victim boy to meet the expenses for his treatment.
Earlier, the knife-wielding man had attacked the two children who allegedly created noise while attending the class, the police said.
Following the incident, the villagers caught hold of Gope and thrashed him before he was handed over to the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet