Jharkhand supplementary budget passed; Speaker pulls up minister
Ranchi: The Jharkhand Assembly on Saturday passed the Rs 1956.36 crore supplementary demand for grants by voice vote, even as Speaker Shashank Sekhar Bhokta pulled up the government for reducing grants sent by the House.
Finance Minister Rajendra Prasad Singh expressed regret when the Speaker drew his attention that there could be constitutional crisis if the fund requirement sent by the Assembly was reduced by the government.
The Speaker`s concern came after the supplementary budget showed Rs 81.19 lakh as against the fund requirement of Rs 2.07 crore sent by the Assembly secretariat.
The finance minister said it would not happen in future.
Yadav and CPI (ML-Liberation) MLA Vinod Kumar Singh claimed bringing the supplementary budget was unnecessary as there was no new plan in it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened