Jharkhand supplementary budget passed; Speaker pulls up minister
Ranchi: The Jharkhand Assembly on Saturday passed the Rs 1956.36 crore supplementary demand for grants by voice vote, even as Speaker Shashank Sekhar Bhokta pulled up the government for reducing grants sent by the House.
Finance Minister Rajendra Prasad Singh expressed regret when the Speaker drew his attention that there could be constitutional crisis if the fund requirement sent by the Assembly was reduced by the government.
The Speaker`s concern came after the supplementary budget showed Rs 81.19 lakh as against the fund requirement of Rs 2.07 crore sent by the Assembly secretariat.
The finance minister said it would not happen in future.
Yadav and CPI (ML-Liberation) MLA Vinod Kumar Singh claimed bringing the supplementary budget was unnecessary as there was no new plan in it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi