Jharkhand supplementary budget passed; Speaker pulls up minister
Ranchi: The Jharkhand Assembly on Saturday passed the Rs 1956.36 crore supplementary demand for grants by voice vote, even as Speaker Shashank Sekhar Bhokta pulled up the government for reducing grants sent by the House.
Finance Minister Rajendra Prasad Singh expressed regret when the Speaker drew his attention that there could be constitutional crisis if the fund requirement sent by the Assembly was reduced by the government.
The Speaker`s concern came after the supplementary budget showed Rs 81.19 lakh as against the fund requirement of Rs 2.07 crore sent by the Assembly secretariat.
The finance minister said it would not happen in future.
Yadav and CPI (ML-Liberation) MLA Vinod Kumar Singh claimed bringing the supplementary budget was unnecessary as there was no new plan in it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites