Jharkhand: Teenager dies after being set ablaze
Jamshedpur: A teenaged girl died after being set ablaze by a young man resulting in her death in Jharkhand`s Seraikela-Kharswan district.
The young man, Deepu Mahto, a resident of a Sadipur village had an affair with the 17-year-old girl, but her parents were opposed to the match, Police Superintendent Upendra Kumar said.
Annoyed that the parents had fixed the marriage of the girl elsewhere, Mahto, along with two accomplicaes, met her at a place fixed by him last night and set her ablaze, Kumar said.
The critically burnt girl was rushed to government-run M G M hospital here, where she died in the wee hours, he said.
Kumar said that one person was arrested, though the main accused was at large.
A motorcycle used by the three has been seized.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users