Jharkhand: Teenager dies after being set ablaze
Jamshedpur: A teenaged girl died after being set ablaze by a young man resulting in her death in Jharkhand`s Seraikela-Kharswan district.
The young man, Deepu Mahto, a resident of a Sadipur village had an affair with the 17-year-old girl, but her parents were opposed to the match, Police Superintendent Upendra Kumar said.
Annoyed that the parents had fixed the marriage of the girl elsewhere, Mahto, along with two accomplicaes, met her at a place fixed by him last night and set her ablaze, Kumar said.
The critically burnt girl was rushed to government-run M G M hospital here, where she died in the wee hours, he said.
Kumar said that one person was arrested, though the main accused was at large.
A motorcycle used by the three has been seized.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert