Jharkhand: Teenager dies after being set ablaze
Jamshedpur: A teenaged girl died after being set ablaze by a young man resulting in her death in Jharkhand`s Seraikela-Kharswan district.
The young man, Deepu Mahto, a resident of a Sadipur village had an affair with the 17-year-old girl, but her parents were opposed to the match, Police Superintendent Upendra Kumar said.
Annoyed that the parents had fixed the marriage of the girl elsewhere, Mahto, along with two accomplicaes, met her at a place fixed by him last night and set her ablaze, Kumar said.
The critically burnt girl was rushed to government-run M G M hospital here, where she died in the wee hours, he said.
Kumar said that one person was arrested, though the main accused was at large.
A motorcycle used by the three has been seized.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player