Jharkhand: Teenager dies after being set ablaze
Jamshedpur: A teenaged girl died after being set ablaze by a young man resulting in her death in Jharkhand`s Seraikela-Kharswan district.
The young man, Deepu Mahto, a resident of a Sadipur village had an affair with the 17-year-old girl, but her parents were opposed to the match, Police Superintendent Upendra Kumar said.
Annoyed that the parents had fixed the marriage of the girl elsewhere, Mahto, along with two accomplicaes, met her at a place fixed by him last night and set her ablaze, Kumar said.
The critically burnt girl was rushed to government-run M G M hospital here, where she died in the wee hours, he said.
Kumar said that one person was arrested, though the main accused was at large.
A motorcycle used by the three has been seized.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Trump vows to begin deportations immediately if sworn in
- British PM to trigger EU pull-out `without parliament vote`
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio