Jharkhand: Teenager dies after being set ablaze
Jamshedpur: A teenaged girl died after being set ablaze by a young man resulting in her death in Jharkhand`s Seraikela-Kharswan district.
The young man, Deepu Mahto, a resident of a Sadipur village had an affair with the 17-year-old girl, but her parents were opposed to the match, Police Superintendent Upendra Kumar said.
Annoyed that the parents had fixed the marriage of the girl elsewhere, Mahto, along with two accomplicaes, met her at a place fixed by him last night and set her ablaze, Kumar said.
The critically burnt girl was rushed to government-run M G M hospital here, where she died in the wee hours, he said.
Kumar said that one person was arrested, though the main accused was at large.
A motorcycle used by the three has been seized.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown