Jharkhand to honour gallantry award winners
Ranchi: Jharkhand government announced
today to honour those security personnel and people of the
state who win gallantry awards and under the scheme Param Vir
Chakra awardees will be paid Rs 10 lakh.
Cabinet Secretary of Jharkhand Aditya Swaroop told the
reporters after the meeting of Advisory council of the
Governor that the state government has decided to honour the
gallantry award winners from the state with a one time cash
Earlier the state government used to allot them piece
of land or some times even gave them cash awards.
He said the council has decided to give Rs 10 lakh to
Param Vir Chakra awardees, Rs 7.5 lakh to Ashok Chakra
awardees, Rs 7 lakh to Sarvottam Yuddha Seva Medal awardees,
Rs 6.5 lakh to Param Vishishta Seva Medal and Mahavir Chakra
awardees and Rs Five lakhs to Keerti Chakra awardees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof