Jharkhand to honour gallantry award winners
Ranchi: Jharkhand government announced
today to honour those security personnel and people of the
state who win gallantry awards and under the scheme Param Vir
Chakra awardees will be paid Rs 10 lakh.
Cabinet Secretary of Jharkhand Aditya Swaroop told the
reporters after the meeting of Advisory council of the
Governor that the state government has decided to honour the
gallantry award winners from the state with a one time cash
Earlier the state government used to allot them piece
of land or some times even gave them cash awards.
He said the council has decided to give Rs 10 lakh to
Param Vir Chakra awardees, Rs 7.5 lakh to Ashok Chakra
awardees, Rs 7 lakh to Sarvottam Yuddha Seva Medal awardees,
Rs 6.5 lakh to Param Vishishta Seva Medal and Mahavir Chakra
awardees and Rs Five lakhs to Keerti Chakra awardees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation