‘Jharkhand to reinvestigate Maoist cases if BDO released’
Jamshedpur: Jharkhand police
on Tuesday said they would "reinvestigate" cases related to 14
chargesheeted Maoists if BDO of Dalbhumgarh, Prasant Kumar
Layek, is released.
"The reinvestigation against the Maoists will start
soon after procuring order from state home department," Zonal
IG Rezi Dung Dung told in a press conference at Ghatsila.
The police would start investigation afresh against
the Maoists after obtaining permission from the court, he
said, adding the police have asked the family members of the
arrested persons to place their versions.
Meanwhile, Julie Bharti, Layek`s wife said that
she will immolate herself and her 4-year-old daughter if her
husband was harmed by Maoists.
"I do not have any option but to immolate along with
my daughter," she said.
Referring to the Maoist demand for withdrawal of
forces and halting search operations, Zonal IG said, "The
police were duty bound to ensure safety of every citizen and
they are trying to recover Layek safely."
No breakthrough was achieved in regard to Layek`s
abduction though the search operation was continuing.
The spokesman of Maoist`s Bengal-Orissa-Jharkhand
regional border committee, Rakeshji threatened to kill the BDO
unless the villagers were not released.
The BDO`s brother and some villagers today blocked
roads at Asanchar village in Dumka, demanding the government
take immediate steps to release BDO.
Meanwhile, the government has once again called upon
Maoists to set the BDO free even as the Jharkhand
Administrative Service Association (JASA) announcing two-day
mass leave across the state from today.
"We have gone on two-day mass leave, demanding early
release of Prasant Kumar Layek. We will again review the
situation at 5 pm tomorrow for our next course of action,"
JASA President, Sunil Kumar Singh, said over phone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...