Jharkhand: Traders robbed Rs 25 lakh
Hazaribagh: Armed men looted
Rs 25 lakh from two Patna-based coal traders and fled with
their car from near Barhi railway construction site in
Hazaribagh district, police sources said on Thursday.
The two traders lodged an FIR with the Barhi police
station saying that unknown armed men stopped their car at
gunpoint and took them to the nearby forest, looted Rs 25 lakh
from them and fled with their car yesterday, Sub-Divisional
Police Officer (SDPO) Arun Kumar Sinha said.
About ten hours after the alleged crime, the duo reached
the Barhi police station and lodged the FIR, he said.
The car was found abandoned near St Columbus School in
Hazaribagh town early this morning, the SDPO added.
The traders were coming to Ranchi from Patna when the
incident took place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees