Jharkhand: Trapped BCCL miners rescued
Dhanbad: At least 22 miners of Bharat Coking Coal Limited (BCCL) in Jharkhand, who were trapped in two mines during the power failure caused by the collapse of Eastern grid on Tuesday, have been rescued, an official said.
"While 18 miners were brought out from the underground coal mine around 4.15 pm, four other trapped miners were evacuated from Sudamdih coal mines," Chief General Manager (BCCL`s Purvi Bhora Mines) Subir Ghosh said.
BCCL General Manager (Safety) said other miners who were working in pits at Kutki Balihari, Simlla Bahal, Pustur and Jayrampur when the power went out have also come out of the pit.
He said some miners had to stay underground from 7 am to 3 pm following the power failure.
After the restoration of power supply, the second shift duty has started.
However, another subsidiary of the CIL, the Central Coalfields Limited (CCL), has cancelled second shift following the power breakdown.
"The power tripping occurred only after the miners of the first shift got out. We have cancelled the second shift at the mines situated at Ranchi, Hazaribagh, Chatra and Palamau," a senior official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez