Jharkhand urges Centre for special package
Ranchi: Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde on Tuesday advocated that Jharkhand should have an office of the Damodar Valley Corporation as it has enormous potential for energy even as he was urged for allotting the state a special package considering its languished status in development.
"Jharkhand has a vast potential for energy production and efforts should be made in this area. An office of DVC should be opened in the state for which land should be made available in the Core Capital Area," Shinde said while reviewing the state`s progress at a high level meeting.
His observation came soon after Governor Syed Ahmed?s advisor, Madhukar Gupta, urged the minister to give a special package to Jharkhand for speedy development as several parts in the state languished far below in development compared to national average.
The previous Arjun Munda government has also several times requested the Manmohan Singh government to give Jharkhand a special package.
Later, Shinde told reporters that he had attachment for Jharkhand and knew the state as he toured extensively as Congress General Secretary during undivided Bihar and visited Koderma as Energy Minister.
Shinde, who rounded off a day’s visit to Jharkhand during which he also reviewed stock of extremism and law and order, had visited Koderma to lay the foundation stone for a mega power project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!