Jharkhand urges Centre to be flexible on development projects
Ranchi: Jharkhand on Monday urged the Centre to be flexible in its conditions to put the state`s development on the fast track, considering it topography.
"The state`s topography is a major hurdle in speeding up developmental programmes. So the Centre should be flexible in its conditions," Chief Minister Hemant Soren said while discussing with Planning Commission team headed by K Kasturirangan.
Soren also highlighted how Jharkhand did not profit as much following developmental funds under the heads of public coal companies, Damodar Valley Corporation and Railway projects, an official communique quoting him said here.
Citing how Santhal Pargana region faces communication problems affecting all round development, Soren said construction of a bridge over the Ganga in Sahibganj would become a lifeline for the region.
The Agriculture department`s vision document was lauded by the Planning Commission, which advised it to implement it.
"We presented a vision document and they expressed satisfaction and suggested us to implement it," Agriculture Secretary Nitin Madan Kulkarni said.
The focus areas of the document are, increase of Ravi crop, how to tackle acidic soil, crop intensity and enhancing production of allied areas of agriculture like floriculture, horticulture and poultry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister