Jharkhand urges Centre to be flexible on development projects
Ranchi: Jharkhand on Monday urged the Centre to be flexible in its conditions to put the state`s development on the fast track, considering it topography.
"The state`s topography is a major hurdle in speeding up developmental programmes. So the Centre should be flexible in its conditions," Chief Minister Hemant Soren said while discussing with Planning Commission team headed by K Kasturirangan.
Soren also highlighted how Jharkhand did not profit as much following developmental funds under the heads of public coal companies, Damodar Valley Corporation and Railway projects, an official communique quoting him said here.
Citing how Santhal Pargana region faces communication problems affecting all round development, Soren said construction of a bridge over the Ganga in Sahibganj would become a lifeline for the region.
The Agriculture department`s vision document was lauded by the Planning Commission, which advised it to implement it.
"We presented a vision document and they expressed satisfaction and suggested us to implement it," Agriculture Secretary Nitin Madan Kulkarni said.
The focus areas of the document are, increase of Ravi crop, how to tackle acidic soil, crop intensity and enhancing production of allied areas of agriculture like floriculture, horticulture and poultry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured