Jharkhand urges Centre to be flexible on development projects
Ranchi: Jharkhand on Monday urged the Centre to be flexible in its conditions to put the state`s development on the fast track, considering it topography.
"The state`s topography is a major hurdle in speeding up developmental programmes. So the Centre should be flexible in its conditions," Chief Minister Hemant Soren said while discussing with Planning Commission team headed by K Kasturirangan.
Soren also highlighted how Jharkhand did not profit as much following developmental funds under the heads of public coal companies, Damodar Valley Corporation and Railway projects, an official communique quoting him said here.
Citing how Santhal Pargana region faces communication problems affecting all round development, Soren said construction of a bridge over the Ganga in Sahibganj would become a lifeline for the region.
The Agriculture department`s vision document was lauded by the Planning Commission, which advised it to implement it.
"We presented a vision document and they expressed satisfaction and suggested us to implement it," Agriculture Secretary Nitin Madan Kulkarni said.
The focus areas of the document are, increase of Ravi crop, how to tackle acidic soil, crop intensity and enhancing production of allied areas of agriculture like floriculture, horticulture and poultry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- Stand by what I said about RSS, will never stop fighting its hateful agenda: Rahul Gandhi
- Mercedes to have petrol option for all models in India by September
- Battled empty seats at Olympics but Rio organisers witness record as 133,000 tickets get sold in 1 day for Paralympic Games
- PM Narendra Modi's brother raises arrest of dhaba owner with Indore police chief
- Adani Food's pulses processing unit proposal in SEZ rejected