Jharkhand urges Centre to be flexible on development projects
Ranchi: Jharkhand on Monday urged the Centre to be flexible in its conditions to put the state`s development on the fast track, considering it topography.
"The state`s topography is a major hurdle in speeding up developmental programmes. So the Centre should be flexible in its conditions," Chief Minister Hemant Soren said while discussing with Planning Commission team headed by K Kasturirangan.
Soren also highlighted how Jharkhand did not profit as much following developmental funds under the heads of public coal companies, Damodar Valley Corporation and Railway projects, an official communique quoting him said here.
Citing how Santhal Pargana region faces communication problems affecting all round development, Soren said construction of a bridge over the Ganga in Sahibganj would become a lifeline for the region.
The Agriculture department`s vision document was lauded by the Planning Commission, which advised it to implement it.
"We presented a vision document and they expressed satisfaction and suggested us to implement it," Agriculture Secretary Nitin Madan Kulkarni said.
The focus areas of the document are, increase of Ravi crop, how to tackle acidic soil, crop intensity and enhancing production of allied areas of agriculture like floriculture, horticulture and poultry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand