Jharkhand villager dies in Maoists-forces crossfire
Ranchi: A man was killed Monday after he was caught in a crossfire between security forces and Maoist guerrillas in Jharkhand`s Bokaro district, police said.
Dasrath Malhar, a resident of Bhalmara village near Nawadih town of Bokaro, 130 km from here, had gone to collect wood from a nearby jungle where the gun battle was on early Monday.
The villager`s body was later recovered from the jungle.
Maoist guerrillas are active in 18 of the 24 districts of Jharkhand.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India