Jharkhand villager dies in Maoists-forces crossfire
Ranchi: A man was killed Monday after he was caught in a crossfire between security forces and Maoist guerrillas in Jharkhand`s Bokaro district, police said.
Dasrath Malhar, a resident of Bhalmara village near Nawadih town of Bokaro, 130 km from here, had gone to collect wood from a nearby jungle where the gun battle was on early Monday.
The villager`s body was later recovered from the jungle.
Maoist guerrillas are active in 18 of the 24 districts of Jharkhand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player