Jharkhand villager dies in Maoists-forces crossfire
Ranchi: A man was killed Monday after he was caught in a crossfire between security forces and Maoist guerrillas in Jharkhand`s Bokaro district, police said.
Dasrath Malhar, a resident of Bhalmara village near Nawadih town of Bokaro, 130 km from here, had gone to collect wood from a nearby jungle where the gun battle was on early Monday.
The villager`s body was later recovered from the jungle.
Maoist guerrillas are active in 18 of the 24 districts of Jharkhand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog