Jharkhand will have two Dy CMs
Ranchi: It will be for the third time that Jharkhand will have two deputy chief ministers in its short and chequered political history.
BJP leader Raghuvar Das and AJSU chief Sudesh Mahto who were sworn-in today in the new Shibu Soren cabinet will be deputy chief ministers, according to sources in the BJP.
Since there is no reference to a deputy chief minister`s post in the constitution, Das and Mahto took oath as ministers.
When Madhu Koda became chief minister of the UPA-coalition on September 18, 2008 he made JMM leader Sudhir Mahto and former Independent MLA Stephen Marandi as his deputies as per a political understanding to form that government.
Sudhir Mahto and Stephen Marandi retained their posts even after Koda made way for Soren as chief minister on August 27, 2008.
There was no deputy chief minister of any coalition government on four occasions earlier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley