Jharkhand will have two Dy CMs
Ranchi: It will be for the third time that Jharkhand will have two deputy chief ministers in its short and chequered political history.
BJP leader Raghuvar Das and AJSU chief Sudesh Mahto who were sworn-in today in the new Shibu Soren cabinet will be deputy chief ministers, according to sources in the BJP.
Since there is no reference to a deputy chief minister`s post in the constitution, Das and Mahto took oath as ministers.
When Madhu Koda became chief minister of the UPA-coalition on September 18, 2008 he made JMM leader Sudhir Mahto and former Independent MLA Stephen Marandi as his deputies as per a political understanding to form that government.
Sudhir Mahto and Stephen Marandi retained their posts even after Koda made way for Soren as chief minister on August 27, 2008.
There was no deputy chief minister of any coalition government on four occasions earlier.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs