Jharkhand will have two Dy CMs
Ranchi: It will be for the third time that Jharkhand will have two deputy chief ministers in its short and chequered political history.
BJP leader Raghuvar Das and AJSU chief Sudesh Mahto who were sworn-in today in the new Shibu Soren cabinet will be deputy chief ministers, according to sources in the BJP.
Since there is no reference to a deputy chief minister`s post in the constitution, Das and Mahto took oath as ministers.
When Madhu Koda became chief minister of the UPA-coalition on September 18, 2008 he made JMM leader Sudhir Mahto and former Independent MLA Stephen Marandi as his deputies as per a political understanding to form that government.
Sudhir Mahto and Stephen Marandi retained their posts even after Koda made way for Soren as chief minister on August 27, 2008.
There was no deputy chief minister of any coalition government on four occasions earlier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!