Jharkhand women`s panel has no members
Ranchi: Atrocities against women are rising in Jharkhand, but a state level panel on women`s rights has neither the chairperson nor any member, a former member said here Monday.
The Jharkhand State Commission for Women JSCW) provides for four members and the chairperson, who are appointed for a three-year term.
The last panel had two members -- Vasvi Kido and Anuradha Chaudhary -- whose term ended Aug 22. Chairperson Hemlata S. Mohan`s term ended Sep 6. Since then all posts on the commission are lying vacant.
According to police records, 799 cases of rape have been registered in the state this year, but victims find it difficult to approach anyone to get justice, said Vasvi Kido.
"We get calls from women suffering from various problems. We are now no longer members of the commission and we cannot help them officially," Kido told IANS.
She asked the state government to immediately appoint the chairperson and members to the women`s commission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter