Jharkhand`s development depends on industrialisation: Nathwani
Ranchi: Jharkhand`s development depends on industrialisation and bringing Maoists into the mainstream, Rajya Sabha member from the state Parimal Nathwani said on Wednesday.
"Industrialisation will trigger development in the state," he said here after the release of his coffee table book `Jharkhand:Mere Karmabhumi`.
Referring to the Maoist problem in the tribal state, he said batons and bullets could not root it out and the ultras should be invited for talks.
With Jharkhand having abundant coal reserves, Nathwani, an independent MP, suggested that the state could engage in barter system - supply coal to other states in lieu of power.
Citing the Gujarat model, he suggested that two lakh check dams in Jharkhand would mitigate its drinking water problem and solar energy could electrify villages.
Nathwani told reporters on the sidelines of the programme that his options to join any political party was open but did not spell out the details.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter