J`khand: 5 MLA to be summoned by Vigilance Bureau
Ranchi: Five Jharkhand MLAs would be
summoned by the vigilance bureau for questioning in connection
with their alleged involvement in the 2010 cash-for-vote
footage shown on a news channel, a police officer said on Tuesday.
"Four persons of the sting operation team of a national
news channel deposed before the investigating officer Raj
Kumar Lakra yesterday on the cash-for-vote case. Now we will
summon the accused," Inspector General of Police MV Rao told
The sting operation team members also took the officer to
the so called spots where they had "interacted" with these
MLAs for their sting, he added.
The accused MLAs are Rajesh Ranjan, Savana Lakra,
Yogendra Sao (Cong), Simon Marandi (Jharkhand Mukti Morcha)
and Uma Shankar Akela (BJP), he said and added another JMM MLA
Teklal Mahato passed away recently.
An FIR was lodged in connection with the cash-for-votes
on the direction of the Election Commission of India, he said
and added the probe got delayed due to the late deposition by
the sting operation team.
The news channel showed a footage purportedly showing the
six legislators of Jharkhand Assembly allegedly demanding
money for arranging votes for the Rajya Sabha poll candidates.
"The sting operation team has handed us over the unedited
version of the tape," Rao said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali