J`khand: 5 MLA to be summoned by Vigilance Bureau
Ranchi: Five Jharkhand MLAs would be
summoned by the vigilance bureau for questioning in connection
with their alleged involvement in the 2010 cash-for-vote
footage shown on a news channel, a police officer said on Tuesday.
"Four persons of the sting operation team of a national
news channel deposed before the investigating officer Raj
Kumar Lakra yesterday on the cash-for-vote case. Now we will
summon the accused," Inspector General of Police MV Rao told
The sting operation team members also took the officer to
the so called spots where they had "interacted" with these
MLAs for their sting, he added.
The accused MLAs are Rajesh Ranjan, Savana Lakra,
Yogendra Sao (Cong), Simon Marandi (Jharkhand Mukti Morcha)
and Uma Shankar Akela (BJP), he said and added another JMM MLA
Teklal Mahato passed away recently.
An FIR was lodged in connection with the cash-for-votes
on the direction of the Election Commission of India, he said
and added the probe got delayed due to the late deposition by
the sting operation team.
The news channel showed a footage purportedly showing the
six legislators of Jharkhand Assembly allegedly demanding
money for arranging votes for the Rajya Sabha poll candidates.
"The sting operation team has handed us over the unedited
version of the tape," Rao said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened