`J`khand Assembly will not be allowed to become battleground`
Ranchi: In the backdrop of government-
opposition clashes being a regular feature in Jharkhand Assembly`s budget session, Speaker C P Singh on Sunday said he
will not allow the legislature to become a battleground for
"There are too many places where political parties can
fight over their differences. But I will, at any cost, not
allow the State Legislative Assembly to become a battleground
for them," he said.
"The Opposition has full right to take up in the Assembly
the issues they want to raise. But it should be done keeping
in mind the decorum of the House," he said.
Singh said the legislators should not waste time and be
serious during the proceedings of the House.
"It`s unfortunate that some members use the Assembly for
their personal political purposes. They waste the precious
time of the House because of which other legislators who want
discussions on important issues do not get a chance," he said.
Singh said the state`s budget will be presented in the
Assembly tomorrow and he was worried about the possibility of
arguments and protests in the House.
The Speaker`s comments come in the wake of legislators
disrupting the Assembly proceedings and protesting in the
House during the state`s ongoing budget session, which began
on March 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon