`J`khand Assembly will not be allowed to become battleground`
Ranchi: In the backdrop of government-
opposition clashes being a regular feature in Jharkhand Assembly`s budget session, Speaker C P Singh on Sunday said he
will not allow the legislature to become a battleground for
"There are too many places where political parties can
fight over their differences. But I will, at any cost, not
allow the State Legislative Assembly to become a battleground
for them," he said.
"The Opposition has full right to take up in the Assembly
the issues they want to raise. But it should be done keeping
in mind the decorum of the House," he said.
Singh said the legislators should not waste time and be
serious during the proceedings of the House.
"It`s unfortunate that some members use the Assembly for
their personal political purposes. They waste the precious
time of the House because of which other legislators who want
discussions on important issues do not get a chance," he said.
Singh said the state`s budget will be presented in the
Assembly tomorrow and he was worried about the possibility of
arguments and protests in the House.
The Speaker`s comments come in the wake of legislators
disrupting the Assembly proceedings and protesting in the
House during the state`s ongoing budget session, which began
on March 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls