J`khand: Dreaded ultra Laka Pahan arrested in Khunti
Khunti (Jharkhand): Five ultras, including the one of the most wanted Naxalites, Laka Pahan, of the People’s Liberation Front of India (PLFI) were arrested, a senior police officer said on Saturday.
"Laka Pahan, the `area commander` of the PLFI was among the five arrested from Anidih village yesterday. Laka Pahan is wanted in over 20 naxal-related cases in Khunti and Ranchi districts," Inspector General of Police MS Bhatia told a news conference here.
"We will recommend to the police headquarters to suitably reward the police personnel involved in catching Laka Pahan, who has been a terror in Khunti and bordering areas," he added.
Laka Pahan had earlier escaped the police net a fortnight ago. Three guns, bullets, six mobile phones, ten sim cards and Rs 7000 were seized from their possession," the IG said.
"Another wanted Maoist Kundan Pahan is our target now," Bhatia added.
Kundan Pahan is accused of beheading special branch inspector Francis Indwar in 2009.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference