J`khand: Dreaded ultra Laka Pahan arrested in Khunti
Khunti (Jharkhand): Five ultras, including the one of the most wanted Naxalites, Laka Pahan, of the People’s Liberation Front of India (PLFI) were arrested, a senior police officer said on Saturday.
"Laka Pahan, the `area commander` of the PLFI was among the five arrested from Anidih village yesterday. Laka Pahan is wanted in over 20 naxal-related cases in Khunti and Ranchi districts," Inspector General of Police MS Bhatia told a news conference here.
"We will recommend to the police headquarters to suitably reward the police personnel involved in catching Laka Pahan, who has been a terror in Khunti and bordering areas," he added.
Laka Pahan had earlier escaped the police net a fortnight ago. Three guns, bullets, six mobile phones, ten sim cards and Rs 7000 were seized from their possession," the IG said.
"Another wanted Maoist Kundan Pahan is our target now," Bhatia added.
Kundan Pahan is accused of beheading special branch inspector Francis Indwar in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH