J’khand Dy CM Hemant Soren gets bail in 2009 case
Dumka: Jharkhand Deputy Chief Minister Hemant Soren was on Monday granted bail after he surrendered before a local court in connection with a model code of conduct case.
Soren surrendered before the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate Balmukund Rai and moved for bail, which was granted immediately.
The case pertained to a model code of conduct case slapped against him under the Representation of People`s Act during the 2009 assembly elections.
He was accused of putting his JMM party flag on a building.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok