J’khand ex-minister’s wife, brother continue to evade CBI net
Deogarh: The kin of former Jharkhand minister Harinaryan Rai continued to evade arrest by the CBI as the sleuths went searching for him.
Assisted by local police, a four-member CBI team on Sunday went searching for them at their house in Deoghar district in connection with Rai’s disproportionate assets case, according to sources at the Sonaria police station.
However, they were not at their residence, the sources said, adding the CBI want the duo on charges under Prevention of Corruption Act.
Rai, who was arrested in 2009 in connection with alleged accumulation of wealth during his ministerial term between 2005 and 2008, is in judicial custody now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened