J’khand ex-minister’s wife, brother continue to evade CBI net
Deogarh: The kin of former Jharkhand minister Harinaryan Rai continued to evade arrest by the CBI as the sleuths went searching for him.
Assisted by local police, a four-member CBI team on Sunday went searching for them at their house in Deoghar district in connection with Rai’s disproportionate assets case, according to sources at the Sonaria police station.
However, they were not at their residence, the sources said, adding the CBI want the duo on charges under Prevention of Corruption Act.
Rai, who was arrested in 2009 in connection with alleged accumulation of wealth during his ministerial term between 2005 and 2008, is in judicial custody now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'