J’khand ex-minister’s wife, brother continue to evade CBI net
Deogarh: The kin of former Jharkhand minister Harinaryan Rai continued to evade arrest by the CBI as the sleuths went searching for him.
Assisted by local police, a four-member CBI team on Sunday went searching for them at their house in Deoghar district in connection with Rai’s disproportionate assets case, according to sources at the Sonaria police station.
However, they were not at their residence, the sources said, adding the CBI want the duo on charges under Prevention of Corruption Act.
Rai, who was arrested in 2009 in connection with alleged accumulation of wealth during his ministerial term between 2005 and 2008, is in judicial custody now.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?