J’khand ex-minister’s wife, brother continue to evade CBI net
Deogarh: The kin of former Jharkhand minister Harinaryan Rai continued to evade arrest by the CBI as the sleuths went searching for him.
Assisted by local police, a four-member CBI team on Sunday went searching for them at their house in Deoghar district in connection with Rai’s disproportionate assets case, according to sources at the Sonaria police station.
However, they were not at their residence, the sources said, adding the CBI want the duo on charges under Prevention of Corruption Act.
Rai, who was arrested in 2009 in connection with alleged accumulation of wealth during his ministerial term between 2005 and 2008, is in judicial custody now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in 94 seats, BJP ahead in 56; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Results 2017 LIVE: Mumbai Congress chief Sanjay Nirupam offers resignation; Shiv Sena ahead in BMC polls
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Counting underway; Shiv Sena leads the race