J’khand govt frees paddy, rice, wheat from VAT
Ranchi: The Jharkhand cabinet on Tuesday approved the policy which was announced during the budget
session to make essential commodities like paddy, rice, wheat
and flour free from VAT.
The cabinet, chaired by Chief Minister Arjun Munda,
gave the stamp of approval on the policy that some items
would be free from VAT, Cabinet Secretary Aditya Swaroop told
reporters here today.
However, VAT would be imposed on branded items brought
from outside the state, he added.
The other essential items on which VAT would not be
charged as per the announcement in March by Finance Minister
Hemant Soren are potatoes, onion, blankets and towels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...