J’khand govt frees paddy, rice, wheat from VAT
Ranchi: The Jharkhand cabinet on Tuesday approved the policy which was announced during the budget
session to make essential commodities like paddy, rice, wheat
and flour free from VAT.
The cabinet, chaired by Chief Minister Arjun Munda,
gave the stamp of approval on the policy that some items
would be free from VAT, Cabinet Secretary Aditya Swaroop told
reporters here today.
However, VAT would be imposed on branded items brought
from outside the state, he added.
The other essential items on which VAT would not be
charged as per the announcement in March by Finance Minister
Hemant Soren are potatoes, onion, blankets and towels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- NSG likely to meet again to discuss entry of non-NPT countries
- Twenty five militants killed in eastern Nangarhar province in Afghanistan
- Kiren Rijiju celebrates anti-emergency day, says BJP against "dictatorship"
- Minister, 15 others killed in Somalia hotel attack
- Congress stages dharnas demanding resignation of 21 AAP MLAs