J’khand govt frees paddy, rice, wheat from VAT
Ranchi: The Jharkhand cabinet on Tuesday approved the policy which was announced during the budget
session to make essential commodities like paddy, rice, wheat
and flour free from VAT.
The cabinet, chaired by Chief Minister Arjun Munda,
gave the stamp of approval on the policy that some items
would be free from VAT, Cabinet Secretary Aditya Swaroop told
reporters here today.
However, VAT would be imposed on branded items brought
from outside the state, he added.
The other essential items on which VAT would not be
charged as per the announcement in March by Finance Minister
Hemant Soren are potatoes, onion, blankets and towels.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India