J’khand govt frees paddy, rice, wheat from VAT
Ranchi: The Jharkhand cabinet on Tuesday approved the policy which was announced during the budget
session to make essential commodities like paddy, rice, wheat
and flour free from VAT.
The cabinet, chaired by Chief Minister Arjun Munda,
gave the stamp of approval on the policy that some items
would be free from VAT, Cabinet Secretary Aditya Swaroop told
reporters here today.
However, VAT would be imposed on branded items brought
from outside the state, he added.
The other essential items on which VAT would not be
charged as per the announcement in March by Finance Minister
Hemant Soren are potatoes, onion, blankets and towels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself