J`khand HC asks IT to file affidavit on director`s transfer
Ranchi: Jharkhand High Court on Tuesday asked
the Income Tax department to file an affidavit on why it had
transferred a top official, who oversaw the second phase of
country-wide raids in the Madhu Koda scam, from Ranchi to
The division bench headed by Chief Justice Gyan Sudha
Mishra had on February 24 directed to maintain status quo on
the posting of Ujjwal Choudhury, Director-Investigation, and
asked him to continue in the same post till further orders.
The court today directed the Income Tax department to
submit the affidavit on the next date of hearing on March 30.
The bench is hearing a PIL filed by a social activist
Durga Oraon praying for an absolute stay on the IT official`s
transfer as it might affect the ongoing investigation into the
alleged hawala transactions and illegal investment unearthed
during raids at the residences of former chief minister Koda
and his aides on October 31.
Choudhary was on February 19 transferred as the Chief
Income Tax Commissioner amidst raids in connection with the
Madhu Koda scam.
Choudhary, who was in Chaibasa overseeing the raids in
connection with the alleged scam, was one of the 29 IT
officers in the list of transfer/postings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India