J’khand: HC reserves order on Koda`s bail petition
Ranchi: Jharkhand High Court on Friday reserved its order after hearing a bail petition moved by former chief minister Madhu Koda in a money laundering case against him pertaining to Rs 1,340 crore.
Justice H C Mishra reserved the order on Koda`s bail petition, which contested that only Rs 20 crore was detected by the probing agency and how could the case sustain to the tune of Rs 1,340 crore and that he was not related, directly or indirectly, in the case.
The counsel, representing the Enforcement Directorate, objected the bail petition on the ground that there was direct involvement of Koda in the case.
On September 25, charges had been framed in the court under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act against Koda and five of his alleged aides under Section 4 of the PMLA, 2002, pertaining to a total of Rs 3,549.72 crore.
Out of the total amount, the ED had accused Koda of making illegal investments worth Rs 1,340 crore and the rest by the other five accused.
Koda is in judicial custody from November 30, 2009 following the October 31, 2009 countrywide raids by ED and IT on 69 premises.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside