J’khand: HC reserves order on Koda`s bail petition
Ranchi: Jharkhand High Court on Friday reserved its order after hearing a bail petition moved by former chief minister Madhu Koda in a money laundering case against him pertaining to Rs 1,340 crore.
Justice H C Mishra reserved the order on Koda`s bail petition, which contested that only Rs 20 crore was detected by the probing agency and how could the case sustain to the tune of Rs 1,340 crore and that he was not related, directly or indirectly, in the case.
The counsel, representing the Enforcement Directorate, objected the bail petition on the ground that there was direct involvement of Koda in the case.
On September 25, charges had been framed in the court under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act against Koda and five of his alleged aides under Section 4 of the PMLA, 2002, pertaining to a total of Rs 3,549.72 crore.
Out of the total amount, the ED had accused Koda of making illegal investments worth Rs 1,340 crore and the rest by the other five accused.
Koda is in judicial custody from November 30, 2009 following the October 31, 2009 countrywide raids by ED and IT on 69 premises.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another