J`khand: Hubby stitches wife`s pvt parts with wire
Ranchi: In a hair-raising incident, a husband stitched the private parts of his wife with wire in Jharkhand`s Dhanbad city after her request to visit her parents enraged him, police said Friday.
The woman, Sabitri, is in critical condition after being operated at a Dhanbad hospital, doctors said. The man, Sannimar Munda, is on the run.
Munda became angry when Sabitri said Wednesday that she wanted to go to her parents` home and charged her with having an extra-marital relationship, Dhanbad Deputy Superintendent of Police Rajiv Ranjan said.
Their quarrel took a vicious turn when Munda tied his 21-year-old wife`s hands and legs and stitched her private parts with "iron wire", Ranjan said. After committing the ghastly act, he locked her up in a room.
But Sabitri escaped and reached her parents` home Thursday. Her parents went to the police and lodged a complaint against Sannimar.
The woman was operated Thursday at the Patliputra Medical College and Hospital (PMCH) in Dhanbad. Her condition is serious and she has been kept under observation, doctors said.
"In my medical career of more than 30 years, I have not seen such a ghastly act," said Pratibha Roy, a doctor who operated on Sabitri. Police are looking for Sannimar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal