J`khand: Hubby stitches wife`s pvt parts with wire
Ranchi: In a hair-raising incident, a husband stitched the private parts of his wife with wire in Jharkhand`s Dhanbad city after her request to visit her parents enraged him, police said Friday.
The woman, Sabitri, is in critical condition after being operated at a Dhanbad hospital, doctors said. The man, Sannimar Munda, is on the run.
Munda became angry when Sabitri said Wednesday that she wanted to go to her parents` home and charged her with having an extra-marital relationship, Dhanbad Deputy Superintendent of Police Rajiv Ranjan said.
Their quarrel took a vicious turn when Munda tied his 21-year-old wife`s hands and legs and stitched her private parts with "iron wire", Ranjan said. After committing the ghastly act, he locked her up in a room.
But Sabitri escaped and reached her parents` home Thursday. Her parents went to the police and lodged a complaint against Sannimar.
The woman was operated Thursday at the Patliputra Medical College and Hospital (PMCH) in Dhanbad. Her condition is serious and she has been kept under observation, doctors said.
"In my medical career of more than 30 years, I have not seen such a ghastly act," said Pratibha Roy, a doctor who operated on Sabitri. Police are looking for Sannimar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`