JMM chief Shibu Soren to contest from Dumka
Ranchi: Sitting MP and JMM supremo Shibu Soren will contest from the Dumka Lok Sabha constituency in the ensuing General Elections.
"Besides Guruji (Soren) contesting from Dumka seat, Vijay Hansda will contest from Raj Mahal and MLA Jagannath Mahato from Giridih seats," party general secretaries Suprio Bhattacharya and Vinod Kumar Pandey said while announcing the list of JMM candidates.
They said the candidate for Jamshedpur seat would be announced within a few days.
The JMM will contest four Lok Sabha seats as per the pre-poll seat adjustment with the Congress, leaving 10 seats to the alliance partner in the Hemant Soren government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok