JMM-Congress regime will be another Koda govt: BJP
Jamshedpur: The BJP on Saturday hit out at attempts by the JMM-Congress coalition to regain power in Jharkhand, claiming that it would be a government of "tainted leaders" and a repeat of the Madhu Koda dispensation.
The proposed government would be a repeat of the coalition government formed in 2006, when Independent MLA Madhu Koda was made the chief minister with the support of Congress, BJP leader and the party`s former state president Dineshanand Goswami said here.
The Koda headed government turned Jharkhand into `Lootkhand`, Goswami alleged in a press conference here.
Such a government could never deliver as the leaders would be more interested in serving their own interest rather than that of the people, he said and demanded fresh election in the state.
The BJP-JMM government led by Arjun Munda became minority when JMM withdrew its support on January 8. On January 17, President`s Rule was imposed in the state for six months keeping the assembly in suspended animation.
Koda, who is in jail, is under investigation of the CBI, Enforcement Directorate and Income Tax department for cases of alleged corruption, owning disproportionate assets and money laundering while he was Chief Minister of Jharkhand from September 2006 to August 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Two Mexican kidnappers sentenced to 520 years in prison
- California wildfire spreads to over 11,000 acres
- After Gujarat, Dalits attacked in Karnataka's Chikkamagaluru for storing beef; seven Bajrang Dal activists booked
- Nora Fatehi not happy with Salman Yusuf Khan's entry in 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 9'?
- This herbal combo packs powerful punch against colon cancer