JMM-Congress regime will be another Koda govt: BJP
Jamshedpur: The BJP on Saturday hit out at attempts by the JMM-Congress coalition to regain power in Jharkhand, claiming that it would be a government of "tainted leaders" and a repeat of the Madhu Koda dispensation.
The proposed government would be a repeat of the coalition government formed in 2006, when Independent MLA Madhu Koda was made the chief minister with the support of Congress, BJP leader and the party`s former state president Dineshanand Goswami said here.
The Koda headed government turned Jharkhand into `Lootkhand`, Goswami alleged in a press conference here.
Such a government could never deliver as the leaders would be more interested in serving their own interest rather than that of the people, he said and demanded fresh election in the state.
The BJP-JMM government led by Arjun Munda became minority when JMM withdrew its support on January 8. On January 17, President`s Rule was imposed in the state for six months keeping the assembly in suspended animation.
Koda, who is in jail, is under investigation of the CBI, Enforcement Directorate and Income Tax department for cases of alleged corruption, owning disproportionate assets and money laundering while he was Chief Minister of Jharkhand from September 2006 to August 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army prepares to secure Arunachal Pradesh from China
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- India is 7th wealthiest country in the world, ahead of Canada, Australia and Italy
- SHOCKING! Heads of Moroccan Islamist movement caught having sex on the beach
- Saturn's moon Dione reveals its contrasting features to NASA's Cassini! - See pic
- Divine coincidence! After 5000 years, this 'shubh muhurat' occurs again on Krishna Janmashtami this year—FIND OUT
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh to visit Kashmir on Wednesday