JMM demands Jharkhand assembly polls
Ranchi: Jharkhand Mukti Morcha today
demanded dissolution of the state assembly and pave way for
elections along with Bihar, barely ten months after the state
went to the polls.
"President`s rule is no substitute for popular
government. One cannot rule the state sitting from New Delhi,"
JMM-LP leader Hemant Soren told a news conference here.
"JMM is ready for polls. Let the elections be held
along with Bihar," Soren said.
On whether there was any chance to form a government
in the state, Soren said, "Arithmetically, no party is in a
position to form government without the help of JMM. Let the
national parties decide over it."
Jharkhand came under President`s rule on June 1 with
its assembly being put under suspended animation after JMM
President Shibu Soren resigned following BJP`s withdrawal of
BJP, Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (JVM-P), and Left parties
have already met the governor separately and demanded for
Accusing Congress of not favouring mid-term poll,
JVM-P has recently announced to contest all the 81 seats as
and when the assembly elections would be held.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Teaser of Aishwarya Rai, Ranbir Kapoor's ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’ is out and it is insanely entertaining!
- Victoria decides to ban fracking and coal seam gas exploration permanently
- Blast at Chinese embassy in Kyrgyzstan; one dead, three wounded
- AAP focusing only on attacking PM Narendra Modi: Harsh Vardhan
- Sensex soars over 400 points; Nifty breaches 8,700-mark