JMM demands Jharkhand assembly polls
Ranchi: Jharkhand Mukti Morcha today
demanded dissolution of the state assembly and pave way for
elections along with Bihar, barely ten months after the state
went to the polls.
"President`s rule is no substitute for popular
government. One cannot rule the state sitting from New Delhi,"
JMM-LP leader Hemant Soren told a news conference here.
"JMM is ready for polls. Let the elections be held
along with Bihar," Soren said.
On whether there was any chance to form a government
in the state, Soren said, "Arithmetically, no party is in a
position to form government without the help of JMM. Let the
national parties decide over it."
Jharkhand came under President`s rule on June 1 with
its assembly being put under suspended animation after JMM
President Shibu Soren resigned following BJP`s withdrawal of
BJP, Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (JVM-P), and Left parties
have already met the governor separately and demanded for
Accusing Congress of not favouring mid-term poll,
JVM-P has recently announced to contest all the 81 seats as
and when the assembly elections would be held.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?