JMM demands waiver of loans and electricity bills of farmers
Jamshedpur: The Jharkhand government
should waive loans and electricity bills of farmers with the
state being declared famine hit, the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha
The people of the state were facing immense difficulty
as all water bodies including ponds, wells and tube-wells had
dried up while cattle were deprived of fodder, senior
vice-presidents of the party, Sudhir Mahto, Champai Soren and
Bidut Baran Mahto and Ramdas Soren told a press conference
Champai Soren, the in-charge of party affairs in
Kolhan region comprising of East and West Singhbhum and
Saraikela-Kharswan districts, appealed to large corporate
houses to come forward to provide relief to the people of the
Sudhir Mahto said it had demanded Rs 15,000 crore in
central funds after the state was declared famine hit, but
unfortunately, neither the union government nor the state
administration took any step.
Mahto, a former Deputy Chief Minister said a
delegation led by party supremo and former chief minister
Shibu Soren had met the Prime Minister to demand the package.
The JMM, he said, had decided to form a human chain
from Chandil in Saraikela-Kharswan district to Baharagora in
East Singhbhum district on September 15 to put pressure on the
government for relief measures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22