JMM demands waiver of loans and electricity bills of farmers
Jamshedpur: The Jharkhand government
should waive loans and electricity bills of farmers with the
state being declared famine hit, the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha
The people of the state were facing immense difficulty
as all water bodies including ponds, wells and tube-wells had
dried up while cattle were deprived of fodder, senior
vice-presidents of the party, Sudhir Mahto, Champai Soren and
Bidut Baran Mahto and Ramdas Soren told a press conference
Champai Soren, the in-charge of party affairs in
Kolhan region comprising of East and West Singhbhum and
Saraikela-Kharswan districts, appealed to large corporate
houses to come forward to provide relief to the people of the
Sudhir Mahto said it had demanded Rs 15,000 crore in
central funds after the state was declared famine hit, but
unfortunately, neither the union government nor the state
administration took any step.
Mahto, a former Deputy Chief Minister said a
delegation led by party supremo and former chief minister
Shibu Soren had met the Prime Minister to demand the package.
The JMM, he said, had decided to form a human chain
from Chandil in Saraikela-Kharswan district to Baharagora in
East Singhbhum district on September 15 to put pressure on the
government for relief measures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory