JMM demands waiver of loans and electricity bills of farmers
Jamshedpur: The Jharkhand government
should waive loans and electricity bills of farmers with the
state being declared famine hit, the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha
The people of the state were facing immense difficulty
as all water bodies including ponds, wells and tube-wells had
dried up while cattle were deprived of fodder, senior
vice-presidents of the party, Sudhir Mahto, Champai Soren and
Bidut Baran Mahto and Ramdas Soren told a press conference
Champai Soren, the in-charge of party affairs in
Kolhan region comprising of East and West Singhbhum and
Saraikela-Kharswan districts, appealed to large corporate
houses to come forward to provide relief to the people of the
Sudhir Mahto said it had demanded Rs 15,000 crore in
central funds after the state was declared famine hit, but
unfortunately, neither the union government nor the state
administration took any step.
Mahto, a former Deputy Chief Minister said a
delegation led by party supremo and former chief minister
Shibu Soren had met the Prime Minister to demand the package.
The JMM, he said, had decided to form a human chain
from Chandil in Saraikela-Kharswan district to Baharagora in
East Singhbhum district on September 15 to put pressure on the
government for relief measures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter