JMM in talks with Cong to form govt in Jharkhand
Jamshedpur: JMM on Monday said it is in talks with Congress to form a government in Jharkhand, which is currently under President`s rule.
"JMM has taken initiative in this regard (talks with Congress) and we are expecting something positive to come out soon," senior JMM leader Sudhir Mahto told reporters here.
He, however, refused to set any time frame when pressed by the journalists.
President`s rule cannot be an alternative to an elected government, the former deputy chief minister of the state said before leaving for Dhanbad to take part in JMM foundation day programme.
Mahto said his party should be given an opportunity to form the government so that full term of the present Assembly can be completed.
Central rule was imposed in Jharkhand on January 19 after JMM withdrew support from the Arjun Munda-led coalition government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- Institute of Company Secretaries of India Result 2016; Check icsi.edu for ICSI CS Executive Result 2016 declared
- Avoid getting sick this monsoon with these top health tips!
- Child swept away in water, parts of Malda face flood fury
- A Flying Jatt movie review: Tiger Shroff as a desi superhero is adorable enough to emerge as children's favourite
- REVEALED: At her witty best, Smriti Irani shares why she worked at McDonald's