JMM legislator dies of heart attack
Ranchi: Teklal Mahto, a Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) legislator was in hospital for several days, died of a heart attack here early Tuesday, doctors said. He was 72.
Mahto was admitted at the Rajendra Institute of Medical Science (RIMS) for the last few days. He is survived by two sons and three daughters. He breathed his last at 5 am.
A legislator from Mandu constituency, Mahto was a vocal leader and one of the few legislators opposed to supporting the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)-led government in the state.
A five-time legislator, Mahto got elected to Lok Sabha in 2004 from Giridih.
Chief Minister Arjun Munda, JMM chief Shibu Soren, and others visited RIMS to pay tribute to the departed leader.
Terming Mahto`s demise as a big loss for the state, Munda said: "He was one the key people behind the (movement for a) separate Jharkhand."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested