JMM legislator surrenders, gets bail
Ranchi: Jharkhand legislator Sita Soren, who is also the sister-in-law of Chief Minister Hemant Soren, Thursday surrendered in a police station here in an abduction case and was granted bail, police sources said.
Sita Soren, a leader of the ruling Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM), is facing allegations of abduction of her personal secretary Vikas Pandey last year, police said.
Pandey was a key witness in a 2012 case involving buying of votes in the Rajya Sabha. The charge sheet in the case was filed by the Central Bureau of Investigation.
Sita Soren was evading arrest for more than five months, police said.
She appeared in Argora police station in the morning and surrendered. Soon after, she was granted bail, police sources said.
After getting bail, she attended the Assembly proceedings where the chief minister moved a trust motion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- CHSE Odisha +2 Results 2015 (chseodisha.nic.in): Odisha Board Class 12th Result 2015 declared on orissaresults.nic.in