JMM legislator surrenders, gets bail
Ranchi: Jharkhand legislator Sita Soren, who is also the sister-in-law of Chief Minister Hemant Soren, Thursday surrendered in a police station here in an abduction case and was granted bail, police sources said.
Sita Soren, a leader of the ruling Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM), is facing allegations of abduction of her personal secretary Vikas Pandey last year, police said.
Pandey was a key witness in a 2012 case involving buying of votes in the Rajya Sabha. The charge sheet in the case was filed by the Central Bureau of Investigation.
Sita Soren was evading arrest for more than five months, police said.
She appeared in Argora police station in the morning and surrendered. Soon after, she was granted bail, police sources said.
After getting bail, she attended the Assembly proceedings where the chief minister moved a trust motion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister