JMM legislator surrenders, gets bail
Ranchi: Jharkhand legislator Sita Soren, who is also the sister-in-law of Chief Minister Hemant Soren, Thursday surrendered in a police station here in an abduction case and was granted bail, police sources said.
Sita Soren, a leader of the ruling Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM), is facing allegations of abduction of her personal secretary Vikas Pandey last year, police said.
Pandey was a key witness in a 2012 case involving buying of votes in the Rajya Sabha. The charge sheet in the case was filed by the Central Bureau of Investigation.
Sita Soren was evading arrest for more than five months, police said.
She appeared in Argora police station in the morning and surrendered. Soon after, she was granted bail, police sources said.
After getting bail, she attended the Assembly proceedings where the chief minister moved a trust motion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’