JMM MLA Sita Soren`s anticipatory bail plea reject
Ranchi: A CBI court on Thursday rejected the anticipatory bail application of JMM MLA Sita Soren, whom the police were searching in connection with an assault charge filed against her.
The bail was rejected by the CBI court of Ghanshyam Malik after Sita Soren, the daughter-in-law of JMM supremo Shibu Soren, moved the plea following her private secretary`s accusation of beating him up "for being a witness in horse trading during Rajya Sabha election last year".
The Election Commission had countermanded the Rajya Sabha polls in two seats in Jharkhand in the wake of allegations of horse trading and seizure of Rs 2.15 crore in cash.
The money had been seized from a car owned by the brother of an Rajya Sabha independent candidate, hours before the start of RS polling here on March 31.
The CBI had taken charge of the investigation later and conducted raids in the premises of at least 23 MLAs, including Sita Soren`s.
The elections were held afresh on May 3 and the then ruling BJP faced embarrassment as their candidate S S Ahluwalia came third in the polls in which Congress and JMM bagged the two seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!