JMM MLA Sita Soren`s anticipatory bail plea reject
Ranchi: A CBI court on Thursday rejected the anticipatory bail application of JMM MLA Sita Soren, whom the police were searching in connection with an assault charge filed against her.
The bail was rejected by the CBI court of Ghanshyam Malik after Sita Soren, the daughter-in-law of JMM supremo Shibu Soren, moved the plea following her private secretary`s accusation of beating him up "for being a witness in horse trading during Rajya Sabha election last year".
The Election Commission had countermanded the Rajya Sabha polls in two seats in Jharkhand in the wake of allegations of horse trading and seizure of Rs 2.15 crore in cash.
The money had been seized from a car owned by the brother of an Rajya Sabha independent candidate, hours before the start of RS polling here on March 31.
The CBI had taken charge of the investigation later and conducted raids in the premises of at least 23 MLAs, including Sita Soren`s.
The elections were held afresh on May 3 and the then ruling BJP faced embarrassment as their candidate S S Ahluwalia came third in the polls in which Congress and JMM bagged the two seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Woman set ablaze in UP, Akhilesh orders magisterial probe
- Waterlogging, traffic jams in Delhi after rains
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi