JMM MLAs withdraw resignation letters
Ranchi: The three JMM MLAs, who had submitted their resignation to party chief Shibu Soren in protest against the party opting out of the Rajya Sabha polls, have withdrawn their letters after getting assurances from the leadership on their demands.
"We met Guruji (Soren) yesterday. We got assurance that the party would ensure giving the post of chairpersonship of any (government-backed) board to Savita Mahato and recommend to the Centre for inclusion of Kurmi in the list of Scheduled Tribe," JMM MLA Jagannath Mahato said on Saturday.
"All three of us took back our resignation letters after getting the assurances," he said. The other two MLAs are Mathura Prasad Mahato and Vidyoot Baran Mahato.
The trio had on January 28 submitted the resignation letters to Soren in protest against the party not contesting the February 7 Rajya Sabha polls in Jharkhand within 24 hours of choosing Savita Mahato as its candidate, leading to their protest and a Kurmi outfit calling a road blockade February 5.
Savita is the widow of party leader and former deputy Chief Minister Sudhir Mahato, who passed away on January 20 following heart attack.
Sitting Rajya Sabha member Parimal Nathwani and RJD leader Prem Chand Gupta were elected unopposed in the RS elections subsequently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning