JMM MP quits party, seeks BJP membership
Medininagar (Jharkhand): JMM MP Kameshwar Baitha has quit the party and is seeking BJP membership.
"I have applied for BJP membership after meeting Arjun Munda yesterday... I am waiting for a positive reply from them," Baitha, who won the 2009 polls on JMM ticket, said here today.
Baitha, who lost the 2007 by-poll from Palamau LS seat on Bahujan Samaj Party`s ticket before winning it two years later, contested both the elections from Sasaram Jail, where he was lodged in connection with 55 Naxal-related cases.
Asked why he quit JMM which had helped him enter Parliament after he quit the ranks of CPI (Maoist), Baitha alleged, "There is no democracy in JMM."
On whether he would seek re-election from Palamau or elsewhere, Baitha said he was more concerned about joining BJP.
Meanwhile, JMM`s Palamau district president Rajendra Kumar Sinha hit back at Baitha and described his quitting the party as a "good riddance".
"He neither met people of his constituency nor held any meeting to listen to their grievances... There was resentment when he joined in 2009," Sinha claimed.
JMM`s district vice president Sanjiv Tiwari described Baitha as an opportunist.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation