JMM nominates late Sudhir Mahato`s wife to Rajya Sabha
Ranchi: The Jharkhand Mukti Morcha on Monday announced Savita Mahato, widow of former deputy chief minister Sudhir Mahato, as its candidate for the February 7 Rajya Sabha elections.
"The party has decided to field Savita Mahato for the Rajya Sabha elections," JMM`s general secretary Suprio Bhattacharya told.
Two Rajya Sabha seats were falling vacant in the state.
Sudhir Mahato died of cardiac arrest on January 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price